Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March Madness -702 Warriors!

The Warriors headed west to the OC! (great excuse for me to see family). I had a feeling with competition would be rough, as going to California usually is.

Game one we played Jet Academy. We played so great all up until the last inning. Unfortunately the Jet team, took the win.



 Xander caught this game





 (I so cant wait to get his uniform. Im used to seeing #5 of his back. #99 is just an weird number to look at..)



Game 2 was right away after game 1. Vs So Cal Outlaws. 
The boys were down on themselves over the loss from game 1. So game 2 did not go well either.

Xander played 2nd most of this game. I think he played SS a part of the last inning.






My cousin Kristen and her husband helped cheer Xander on the entire weekend. 
& I was happy to have my uncle Rick come out for the games this day too! 
(he has been a huge support for Xander!)


Day 2 we played bright an early, against Cali Gamers


Warm ups went well, but the boys were oddly quieter.




We had plenty of squirrels watching this weekend:




Xander Caught this game






We lost game 3. The boys didnt play like they usually do. (Didnt help that the fields were poorly taken care of. kids tripping and falling. Areas the grass was long, then a patch of no grass..)

 Ive seen them play way better. But I think going to California is always a good idea for Vegas teams. No matter if you win or lose, you often play against some of the best teams, which shows the boys there is always room to grow, no matter how great you play at home.  The 702 Warriors are all great boys who play with heart, and practice hard. I can tell they are serious about baseball and love the game.
No matter the score I love watching them all play.



Our trip there, we stayed with my cousin. Shopped at the beach, ate breakfast on the pier. Watched a surfing competition, volleyball tournament on the beach, walked through a car show, BBQd, and just enjoyed our time out there!
Thank you Jeff & Kristen for letting us crash at your house, and hosting us, we had a blast.
Heres some videos:


Xander Catching:

at bat

catching


We had a blast that weekend, and were sad to leave

We have another tournament this week! Thursday- Saturday in Vegas. I have a great feeling about this one! The Warriors are fighters and I know they will do well! Im off those days so I get to watch it! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment